The Student Newspaper of The Loomis Chaffee School

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

What we’re thankful for
What we’re thankful for
February 11, 2024
Prepare for cold
Prepare for cold
February 11, 2024
Instagram Feed

Celebrating the Lip-Sync Victors

Aim Wanglee ‘27
Prefects of Richmond (best dorm on campus!) performing Some of the people included: Sally Hayes ‘24, Amy He ‘24, Michaela Howe ‘24, Delaney Pece ‘24

Loud music rang, dancers shimmied to Disney tunes, and the crowds chanted, marking yet another successful Lip Sync Battle for the books. Despite many good showcases that night, the junior prefects of Cutler Hall emerged as the triumphant winners of the 2023-2024 school year Lip Sync Battle.

“We all picked out the song together when we went out for ice cream on our first night back on campus,” Laura Phyu ’25 said.

Unsurprisingly, the well-coordinated group took the time to practice, “during [their] prefect training during the opening days,” by going over “to the old dance studio to rehearse.”

Dean Donegan’s unplanned cameo was regarded as a fun surprise by most students.

“It was super fun planning with Dean Donegan beforehand!” Nina Cushman ’25 said. “We were so excited to have him as our ‘surprise guest,’ and the crowd reaction when he came up was the best!”

The Cutler prefects admit that there were some obstacles along the way. “Having to tweak our choreo last-minute to meet the time requirements [was challenging],” Farrah Kanorwalla ’25 said.“We had to cut out over 2 minutes of choreography and music, which took some work to re-blend after.”

Nagima Williams ’25 testified to the light-hearted nature of the event and the audience’s enthusiasm toward it.

“The best part about it for me was having fun with the rest of the prefects and being able to see and hear everyone’s reactions to the performance,” Williams said.

Ending the night with many cheers from the crowd, the plethora of performances garnered much praise from the Loomis Chaffee Community. If this year was anything to go by, this beloved tradition will have many bright years to come!