The Student Newspaper of The Loomis Chaffee School

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

What we’re thankful for
What we’re thankful for
February 11, 2024
Prepare for cold
Prepare for cold
February 11, 2024
Instagram Feed

Grill sells out of Bacon, Egg, and Cheeses (BECS)

Lily Clark ’24

Helen Lu’27
Contributor

Breaking News! BECS sells out in the grill!

This hard-to-believe disaster struck just yesterday! Yes that’s right, the incredible, desirable, and addicting Bacon, Egg, and Cheese (BECs) have SOLD OUT in the grill! No, this is not a joke. The grill is indeed out of BECs — both individually and in conjunction.

When our hard working reporters went to find the reason for this calamity, they discovered that it began with the freshman Dave Haide ’27 craving for something to eat. With no surprises, the first thing that had come to his mind when faced with this conundrum was a BEC. With his stomach growling and yearning for the cheesy delight, he had left Harman Hall and excitedly opened the door to the SNUG. YES, he had thought, no one’s in line. Without hesitating, Dave had exclaimed to Richard,
“Hi! Could I get a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese? Thanks!”

Apologetically, Richard had looked up at him and shook his head. “I’m sorry Dave, we’re out of those for now …” Dave had gasped, his face filled with horror at the realization that his beloved meal had left the premises. Then, he texted all of his friends, and the rumor spread like wildfire Soon everyone on campus was thrown into distress.

After realizing the gravity of this situation, the Grill sprung into action, driving hours to the closest grocery store (since Geisslers had been replaced by Gerald’s Hardware Store not long ago). They waited for hours in the rush-hour traffic to bring back supplies.

Finally, after what seemed like millions of years to the students the Grill announced that the BECS were back! A stampede of students of all kinds, from BEC connoisseurs to 1-time tasters, sprinted to the SNUG to claim their pining hot bagel sandwiches. The catastrophe had come to a close, but within 5 minutes of restocking, all of the BECs had sold out again. We’re back to step one, I guess.