The Student Newspaper of The Loomis Chaffee School

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

What we’re thankful for
What we’re thankful for
February 11, 2024
Prepare for cold
Prepare for cold
February 11, 2024
Instagram Feed

Best time capsule to write

By Daphne Wong ’26

Natalie Pereira ’26
Contributor
The Best Time Capsule

After spending my precious community time writing a letter to my senior self, here are some of my responses:

What is your favorite song/musical artist?
Recently, I’ve been really enjoying the Windows XP Startup sound, but the Windows XP Shutdown is a close second. The Xbox 360 2nd Variant used to be my favorite for a while, but I’m mature enough now to realize it really isn’t all that. I hope my music taste hasn’t changed by the time you’re reading this.

What is your favorite show?
Hands down, Thomas the Train. I feel like I relate to him and the struggles he goes through as a locomotive. I never felt so truly represented in the media before, and having someone to look up to has really shaped me into the person I am today.

What is your best memory at LC?
I mean there have been highs and lows for freshman year; I was actually very scared that I would never find my place, but the scooters made it all alright. In fact, back home I wanted to make a scooter get together, where everyone could bring their own scooters and we could all go scooting, but no one showed up. Thanks to LC I think I’ve found my community. I’m able to freely scoot with other scooters on their scooters while I also scoot. It’s been a truly magical experience.

How many hours of sleep (on average) are you getting per night?
6 hours and 23 minutes in bed, 3 hours and 16 minutes in deep sleep, 1 hour and 43 minutes napping, and awoken 4 times per night on average.

Who do you think you will go to the prom with?
I really hope that Keanu Reeves (or Reevey as I like to call him), will at last answer my DMs. I know that he sees them because I can see his read receipts, but he probably is just overthinking his response to me. I get that, he’s just nervous. I feel like we have such a deep connection — I can see it in his eyes with every photo, saying “I love you.” Yeah, he’s busy with his career or whatever, but I know that he’ll be there when I need him.

What college do you think you will go to?
I mean, I knew from the day I was born that I needed to go there. The application is difficult, and it is a very competitive school, but I know if I work hard enough I can make it. My parents aren’t very supportive, but the social science CL Scaring V really is the best in the world. I believe that I will get into Monsters University no matter the cost.

Do you think you will ever get a level? If so, for what?
I really hope not … I’m mostly a good kid (the other part is monster genes acting up) and don’t like getting in trouble. I do have a habit of chasing squirrels around campus—I’ve been getting some weird looks and teachers have been whispering about me. I just can’t help it! I really want to be a squirrel.