Parting Words of Thanks, From the Seniors and To the Seniors

Chloe Chen '22, Contributor

FROM SENIORS

“I would like to thank Mr. Percy, the funniest, honest, thoughtful, and wisest college counselor I could have asked for. Thank you so much for believing in me and guiding me throughout this college process and to my dream school” – Ambrozine Daring ’20

“Thank you, Tiffany Lin, for not only being my sophomore breakfast buddy but also my history and science partner!! I miss you!” – Lily Tapsoba ’20

“I want to thank Ms. Corman for being my biggest supporter. Not only has she taught me the concrete and tangible lessons of leadership, but she has also shown me in numerous ways what it means to be an empowered woman, a selfless mentor, and a kind person. Thank you, Ms. Corman, for being a positive presence in my life.” – Anya Sastry ’20

“Thank you, Anna Hurd, for four years of friendship and for being an absolute beast.” – Min Jun Jung ’20

“Daniel and Sophie, you made Loomis home to me and I’m so grateful that I got to spend the past three years with you\; I miss you guys already and I’m excited to visit you guys in your senior year!” – Ethan Ito ’20

TO SENIORS

“Thank you, Emma Tishler and Neala Sweeney, for being a reason I love LCXC and for your endless laughs and shenanigans.” – Pilar Wingle ’22

“I would like to say a huge thank you to Avery Fitzgerald because she was one of the first people to make me feel truly welcomed as a part of the LC community!” – Kirsten Lees ’23

“I’d like to thank Emma Goldfarb, the goofiest hipster in the world. When I entered the NEO, Emma, you were one of the first people to reach out to me. I will miss jamming to Fleetwood Mac in the library before shows, giggling (spookily) backstage, and talking in the green room. Honestly, if we could keep having talks in there, we could probably find the answers to every question in the world. Yet you must go on to bigger and better things and leave behind the NEO (not to mention Loomis as a whole). Good luck out there, and I promise I will write some more for Mélange despite your lack of nagging.” – Aidan Cooper ’22

“Thank you to all of the talented NEO seniors who have guided, supported, and made all of us laugh throughout their past four years on the stage. The NEO won’t be the same without them. We love and will miss you all.” – John Howley ’21

“I would like to thank all the seniors I got to meet while playing sports for making me feel included. I’ll miss you guys!” – Rebecca Fowler ’23

“Margarita Demkina, thank you for being my friend since day one and my dance buddy. I love how kind, welcoming, and fun you are. Also, thanks for being my mom and taking care of me 🙂 Hope college treats you well. I miss you!!” – Kate Shymkiv ’22

“Thank you to Adi Chakravarthy for being the best Carter prefect and JV soccer captain, and I’m gonna miss you next year in math class!” – Max Therrien ’21

“I would like to thank Margarita Demkina for her kindness, advice, and energy these last three years. From RA to head delegate to a fellow dance company member, she has made so many aspects of Loomis fun and memorable. Dorm life, Model UN, and dance will not be the same without her.” – Clara Chen ’21

“I would like to thank the captains of the swim team, Min Jun Jung and Gus Hawley. They expertly continued our tradition of making the swim team not just a team but also a family. I absolutely love them both (as well as the rest of the team) and I wish them the best in all their future endeavors.” – Andy Cao ’21

“To Jean Shin, from meeting you in XC to talking with you in Palmer’s basement, you really made my first year at Loomis remarkable. You have such an easygoing personality and I am going to miss you a lot. I know you’ll love the core curriculum in New York and thank you for dealing with all my questions and chatter.” – Emily Khym ’23

“I’d like to give my biggest THANK YOU to Bree Bergeron for being my role model and friend for two amazing years. I don’t know where I’d be without you. I can’t wait to see you crush college, and I’m praying for plenty of visits!” – Sophia Testa ’22

“I would like to thank my peer counselor Jack Livingstone for being an amazing mentor and overall a great guy to look up to from day one at Loomis. “ – Chandler Coe ’23

“I want to thank Kelly Eng for always being there for me and being a great friend. She is someone who I have looked up to since Chem A in Mr. D’s class during my freshman year, and she is also my role model on the swim team along with all other seniors (shoutout to VJ, Neala, Emma, and Sadie!). She is one of the kindest people out of many that I’ve met at Loomis, and she continues to inspire me every day. I will miss her so much next year.” – Sophie Zhuang ’21

“To Kavya Kolli, thank you for introducing me to the art of self-defense. Before this experience, I absolutely did not know anything about it. Working with you was enjoyable. It is very unfortunate that you may not have a prom or even graduation this year due to the insane pandemic. However, I wish you the best on your next journey in a new place.” – Chau Tran ’23

“To Sam DeNay, you are a great role model and I am glad I had someone like you to talk to my freshman year.” – Dylan Balise ’23

“Grace Kulas! You have made my time at Loomis so lovely. From our philosophical debates in the study rooms, to the whispered conversations in the Neo wings, I don’t think I could have made it this far without you! Steele Citrone, I wish we started hanging out earlier! Your sense of humor really kept things bright in the most difficult of times this year! Thank you for the light words and hilarious stories. Ben Lawrence, literally one of the best people I have ever had the good fortune of knowing. I wish you copious amounts of success and happiness in everything you do.” – Isabel Ruppel ’21

“To Arjun Grover, thank you for looking out for me throughout my entire life. I’m gonna miss having you as my workout partner when you’re off at college. “ – Neil Grover ’23

“Natalie and Isabelle Halsey are the kindest, smartest, most amazing twins and are always super easy to reach out and talk to about anything and everything.” – Brett Donshik ’21

“Matt Farrell, thank you so much for the impact you had on Cross Country and my first year at Loomis. Your guidance and your friendship made this year truly special, and I am extremely grateful to be your teammate. Cross Country won’t be the same without you. You’ll have to visit and join us for one last Hunga Bunga.” – Sam “Samwise” Kurian ’23

“Min, thank you for putting up with my crap. You have helped me adjust to the swim team and life on the council. I’ll miss having you in the breaststroke lane and your ‘inspiring’ speeches in the locker room. Have fun at Georgetown!” – Benson Wang ’23

“Thank you, Ethan Ito, for letting me snack raid your room whenever I visit you. Hope you enjoy some peace in college.” – Daniel Graham ’21