The Student Newspaper of The Loomis Chaffee School

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

What we’re thankful for
What we’re thankful for
February 11, 2024
Prepare for cold
Prepare for cold
February 11, 2024
Instagram Feed

Dinosaur footprints to Clark bathroom

Ruopan Song ’27
Contributor
Dinosaur footprints in Clark

As the unassuming casual Log writer that I am, I was tasked with researching the lore behind the unassuming dinosaur footprints that have existed forever in the Clark bathroom. What was the fundamental meaning behind them? Why do they exist in the first place? Surely they’re not just there purely for decoration.
From what I’ve gathered, the original story is that ancient dinosaurs first trampled over this land, and that afterwards humans built this building. However, this argument does not make sense because why would humans build a building over dinosaur footprints? They would and should do better by finding flatter ground.
What is the true story behind this story, then? The truth is that it was the Welsh who made the footprints.
Once upon a time, a Welsh lad named Morgen Yo’Busns was walking along the sides of Cardiff when a friendly Irish man found him and gave to him a choice of two gifts: graze sheep in the Mongolian steppes (Wales-renowned for its great grass), or graze “slightly larger sheep” in the hills of Connecticut. As any sensible man would, Morgen chose the latter and found himself eternally grazing carnivore dinosaurs in the hills which our school is founded on.
Allegedly, Morgen was upset when he learned the news of his condemnation to Connecticut. In a rage, he rode one of the hefty dinosaurs which fell deep into the ground, leaving only the footprints as evidence of its existence. Then, the beast’s blood formed the Connecticut and Farmington rivers, his body condensed into the island, his spine and bones into the multiple roads, and his paws formed the ponds that surround campus today. Over the years, all holes filled up except for the paws.
So it is time to take action. It is time to recognize LC’s Welsh history and heritage. As a result of this discovery, the TAGIOWC (Take Action ‘gainst Ignorance of Welsh Culture) club will be hosting a festival and trying to dig a hole to see the remains of the dinosaur and the Welsh man on July 32nd, 2022. Hopefully they get to the dinosaur instead of Wales.