The Student Newspaper of The Loomis Chaffee School

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

The Loomis Chaffee Log

Thanksgiving Break Canceled
February 11, 2024
What we’re thankful for
What we’re thankful for
February 11, 2024
Prepare for cold
Prepare for cold
February 11, 2024
By Daphne Wong 26
Best time capsule to write
February 11, 2024
Instagram Feed

Harvest Fest

Derrick Zhang ’24
Fanou Zhang ’24 and Daniel Zhang ’24, members of the Chess Clu, engaging in a chess game at Harvest Fest.

On September 29th, an enchanting and mystical realm awaited students in the dining hall, with tables adorned with club posters and celebrations of culture and identity. This year, due to rain, Harvest Fest was relocated to the dining hall, where students were seen placing chairs on dining hall tables in order to better advertise their posters. Harvest Fest hosted over 100 different clubs registered under Student Activities, with club leaders enthusiastically sharing the core values of their club with fellow peers. For many clubs, Harvest Fest is the biggest opportunity to find new members with similar interests and engage with the student body as a whole.

“There are around 100 clubs that are registered under Student Activities. That’s a lot of options for students to explore their interests, find new hobbies, and make friends! The goal for the club community is to stay active, fulfill their mission statement, and allow the community to get to know more about that particular subject,” Student Activities Clubs Coordinator Cookie Danchaivijitr ’26 said.

A total of 28 newly created clubs formed this year alone were also featured at Harvest Fest. These clubs include the Dog Society, Photography Club, Loomis Aid Society, Voices of Dissent, and many more, ranging in various different categories from sports clubs, to service organizations, to merch design.

“It’s amazing and encouraging to look at the wide variety of options and many different clubs as it accommodates all students. Our main goal is to have a club that is accessible to every student on campus where they can belong,” said Student Activities Director Cathleen Markowski.

Just as Ms. Markowski and the club coordinators stated, it is essential that Loomis have a healthy environment that allows all clubs to engage with the school community actively – and Harvest Fest, by now an iconic part of the year for the student body, has come to serve just that purpose.

“Harvest Fest is honestly one of my favorite events of the year because the students are extremely determined and excited to get their peers involved, and it is an opportunity for new students to become more involved members of the community. I am very excited about the upcoming year and believe that the clubs will continue to uphold the fun and inclusive environment on campus,” Student Activities Clubs Coordinator Izzy Heflin ’25 said.